- 22,382 students are homeschooled in Ohio
- Parents must have GED or high school diplioma
- Compulsory attendance between ages 5 and 17
- 4.5 hours of education per day for 180 days required per year
- Annual assessments only required for those under school district supervision
Common Core Status
The previous gubernatorial administration adopted the Common Core. Since 2011 Governor Haley’s administration has actively worked to back out of the Common Core; however, the legislature has yet to rescind the Common Core. Instructional materials were scheduled to completely reflect the Common Core for the 2013–14 school year.
Something missing? Have the facts changed? Let us know by filling out this form: