- 87,978 students are homeschooled in North Carolina
- Parents must have at a high school diploma or GED
- Compulsory attendance between ages 7 and 16
- Standardized tests are required
- Notice of intent should be sent between July 1st and August 15th
For additional details please refer to North Carolina Division of Non-Public Education.
Common Core Status
North Carolina’s curriculum and Common Core–aligned state assessments debuted in 2012. However, the legislature cut off funding for the implementation of SBAC assessments in 2013, so the consortia assessments will not be implemented absent further action by the legislature.
Something missing? Have the facts changed? Let us know by filling out this form: