- 75,801 students are homeschooled in Florida
- No parental education requirement
- Compulsory attendance between ages 6 and 16
- Homeschooled students may participate in public school activities
- Number of hours of education not defined
Common Core Status
Florida’s implementation of the Common Core has begun to sputter. The Florida Board of Education opted not to implement the Common Core’s reading samples, student writing sample, and recommended structure of math classes. Additionally, Governor Rick Scott withdrew Florida from PARCC, and Florida will design its own Common Core–aligned assessments.
Something missing? Have the facts changed? Let us know by filling out this form: